At the Fifth Avenue Child Care and Kindergarten Service we are committed to work in partnership with families and the wider community to further develop children’s learning and development in their early years. We strive to provide a rich sustainable environment in an effort to support children to become confident and active learners.
We believe (in relation to):
- The voice of each child is valued and respected.
- Each child’s sense of agency is fostered.
- Early childhood should be a time of fun, warmth, security, exploring and discovery.
- It is important to build trusting relationships between the child and their community.
- They learn through play-based learning experiences.
- They are capable learners who guide their own learning journey.
- We perceive the family as the most important influence in a child’s life.
- Family input is vital to the learning journey of their child.
- We embrace the family’s diversity, traditions and beliefs.
- Assess children by observation, planning, evaluation and reflecting each child as an individual, part of a group and a community.
- Is influenced and inspired by many different educational theorists/approaches.
- Provides a holistic, intentional and flexible approach that promotes the development of children’s learning.
- Value and respect children’s capabilities.
- Values and embeds the histories, cultures, languages, traditions, child rearing practices and life styles choices of families.
- Is based on the National Quality Framework, Education and Care Services national Regulations and Law
- Is displayed for families to view and contribute to at any time.
- Works towards assisting and supporting children to smoothly transition to school through the Kindergarten Program.
- We believe by working collaboratively together we will form trusting relationships with each other to create a positive learning environment.
- Feel recognised and respected for who they are.
- Work in an environment that is safe, nurturing and supportive.
- Are frequently updating their knowledge through professional development trainings.
- Strive to create positive partnerships with children’s families.
- We respectfully honour and acknowledge the Boon Wurrung people, the traditional custodians of the land on which we work and play, and provide opportunities for the children to learn from the experiences and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- We understand the importance of the community in our learning framework; therefore we will expose children to a range of cultures and traditions from different backgrounds including the Australian Indigenous people.
- We value and recognise the rights of the educators, families and the community to voice opinions and suggestions.
- We recognise that Australia is a social-diverse multicultural society where different groups with different needs strive to live side by side in harmony as equals.
- It is important to network with different professionals, educational agencies and community groups to enrich our practices.
- We strive to promote environmental awareness. We believe that it is important to teach children to care for the environment by;
- Using natural materials.
- Promoting sustainable practices such as Reuse, Reduce and Recycle.